[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Merging Extent Types

Hughes ll, Rex rex.hughes at ndsu.edu
Wed Mar 6 10:20:05 EST 2019

Hello,

I am attempting to work with our Controlled Value Lists in ArchivesSpace by merging extent types into default values. When we imported our MARC-XML files into ArchivesSpace, the system generated extent types based upon the description in the 300 field. While this does not inhibit description of the resources, since the extent description remains the same, I would still like to merge these added values into default/core values to make the search for extent type more cohesive.

I was able to find the Controlled Value List, but every time I choose the option to merge an added value into a core value, the added value disappears and does not appear to merge with the default. For example, I attempted to merge "cassettes" (3 related resources) with "Cassettes" (no resources, not used), but after selecting Merge on the "cassettes" value and selecting "Cassettes" as the preferred value, the added value disappeared and I am still left with the default "Cassettes" value with no related resources (not used).

Would anyone be able to provide advice on this matter? Thank you!

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D4D3FD.C82D8500]

Rex Hughes, II, M.L.I.S.
Metadata and Cataloging Librarian
Resource Acquisition, Management, and Discovery
Subject Liaison to Apparel, Retail Merchandising & Design
NDSU Libraries
Dept. 2080, PO Box 6050 / Fargo ND 58108-6050
Phone:701.231.9677 (Main Library 120G)
[ndsu_sig]