[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Empty space within a box

Olivia S Solis livsolis at utexas.edu
Wed Feb 27 15:45:56 EST 2019

Hello all,

We've been wondering if we are alone in this struggle. So we are a
space-deficient archives. Our stacks are boxed to the brim and processors
hunt for on-site space voraciously, particularly for collections that are
just a few inches in extent. For this reason, we have a column in our
spreadsheet shelf lists — which we're trying to wean off of now that we are
increasingly utilizing the container management functionality of ASpace —
that includes inches left in a box. There are some boxes that house 20 or
so different small collections, so documenting this information at the
archival object level seems, to put it mildly, inefficient.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, have you found a way to address
it in ASpace?

Thanks,
Olivia

--