[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Bar Codes and ArchivesSpace

Kate Telford ktelford at sos.ri.gov
Fri Feb 22 09:38:42 EST 2019

Hello ArchivesSpace community!

So I know there has been discussion around this topic in the past but we are exploring the different options for implementing bar codes on our collections here and I am wondering if anyone knows of a specific product that would work with ArchivesSpace and allow me to apply a barcode on a folder or box and then scan it with a handheld scanner with ArchivesSpace open to the barcode field of the Instance and have it automatically populate? Anyone know if this is possible? Is anyone doing it and if so, with what type scanners?

Thanks in advance for any guidance the community can provide.

[signatureSeal]Kate Telford
Digital Archivist
RI Department of State  |  Secretary of State Nellie M. Gorbea
Email: ktelford at sos.ri.gov<mailto:ktelford at sos.ri.gov>  | Website:  www.sos.ri.gov<http://www.sos.ri.gov/>  | Twitter: @RISecState<https://twitter.com/RISecState>
337 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903 | 401-330-4801

Our Mission: The Rhode Island Department of State engages and empowers all Rhode Islanders by making government more accessible and transparent, encouraging civic pride, enhancing commerce and ensuring that elections are fair, fast and accurate.