[Archivesspace_Users_Group] OCLC Digital Collection Gateway

Thomas San Filippo sanfilippo_thomas at wheatoncollege.edu
Tue Dec 3 13:42:33 EST 2019

Hi folks,

Has anyone successfully run an OAI-PMH harvest of their ArchivesSpace
via OCLC's Digital Collection Gateway? Everything *seems* to be set up
correctly in our config file, but we fail the third test in the DCG
interface:

  * SUCCESS: Testing URL Uniqueness
  * SUCCESS: Testing URL Validity
  * FAILED: Testing Availability
  * SKIPPED: Testing OAI Support
  * SKIPPED: Testing DC Format Support
  * SKIPPED: Testing OCLC DC Format Support
  * SKIPPED: Testing List Sets
  * SKIPPED: Testing Set Uniqueness
  * SKIPPED: Testing List Records
  * SKIPPED: Testing Actionable URL Identifier

I think we may have a problem with our base URL. I'm using
http://archives.wheatoncollege.edu:8082 , but pretty much anything I try
passes the first two tests and fails the third. The troubleshooting
information given for that test is:

Testing Availability: The OAI-­‐PMH Base URL is currently inaccessible.
It is possible that the repository is currently down or that it is
simply not reachable by the Gateway. Double-­‐check the spelling of the
URL and make sure it has not been mistyped or pasted incorrectly.

--
*Thomas San Filippo*
/Systems and Educational Technology Liaison/

Pronouns: he/him/his; they/them/their(s)

Madeleine Clark Wallace Library
<https://wheatoncollege.edu/academics/library/>, G34
Wheaton College <https://wheatoncollege.edu>
26 E. Main Street, Norton, MA 02766 <https://goo.gl/maps/d5JvoKZUEXy>