[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace Update - April 2019

Jessica Crouch Jessica.Crouch at lyrasis.org
Tue Apr 30 13:06:01 EDT 2019

[ASpaceOrgHome.jpg]

April 2019 Update
Development

We’re aiming to put out a release candidate for v2.6.0 within the next two weeks. This release candidate will include a number of improvements to the staff and public interfaces, as well as a redesigned reports page. This release candidate will also introduce our newest optional feature, human-readable URLs. Using human-readable URLs will allow you to specify a particular URL in the public user interface for records based on the title, identifier, or text you provide. Once the release candidate is out, we’ll be asking for as much testing as possible on this new feature. These testing results will determine the date for the actual release. Look for more information about the release candidate soon.

Get Involved:

We have several upcoming opportunities for involvement in the ArchivesSpace community and are looking for volunteers from all membership levels within the ArchivesSpace community.

Call for Participation: ArchivesSpace Code of Conduct Working Group

We’re looking for volunteers to serve on the ArchivesSpace Code of Conduct working group.  The Working Group’s mission is to draft a code of conduct that addresses both online and in person interaction and appropriate responses to violations.  The working group will draft a Code of Conduct to present to the ArchivesSpace community for comment before implementation. Contact Jessica at jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org> to volunteer.

Call for Participation: Annual Forum Working Group

ArchivesSpace will hold its 5th annual Member Forum on August 2nd at the Thompson Conference Center at our member institution the University of Texas - Austin.  As in previous years, this will be a free opportunity for staff of ArchivesSpace member institutions to meet and share information with each other and the program team.  More information about the program and logistics later in the spring.

We are looking for volunteers from member institutions of all sizes to form a working group to plan the agenda for our largest member event of the year! Contact Jessica at jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org> to volunteer by May 15th.

Call for Participation: Upcoming Webinar: From Archon to ArchivesSpace

Is your institution a former user of Archon now using ArchivesSpace?  Have you adapted workflows, workarounds or tricks for your implementation of ArchivesSpace to account for what you miss in Archon?  We will be hosting an upcoming webinar geared specifically for former Archon users who are looking to adapt workflows for ArchivesSpace.  If you would like to present at this webinar, contact Jessica at jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>. More information on the webinar itself will be available later in the spring.

Connect with ArchivesSpace in Person
Jessica Crouch, our new Community Engagement Coordinator, will be at the Conference of Inter-Mountain Archivists and Society of Southwest Archivists Joint Annual Meeting in Tucson, Arizona, May 15-18.  Come find her in the exhibit hall to talk about the ArchivesSpace application, our community activities, membership, and more.
Upcoming Trainings

The Mike Kelley Foundation for the Arts will be hosting a two day ArchivesSpace Basics Workshop in Los Angeles from May 9-10.

The Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO) will be hosting a one day Introduction to ArchivesSpace workshop on May 19. Registration is open via METRO at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-archivesspace-tickets-55729897624.

Membership Update

We are excited to welcome our newest members to our community! Our new members since March 31  include:

  *   Central Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church (Fort Worth, TX)
  *   Fairfield University (Fairfield, CT)
  *   University of Sheffield (Sheffield, UK)

As a reminder, we will soon be sending out membership renewals for 2019-2020.  If you need to update your billing contact information or if you would like to receive your invoice early, email ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org.

As of April 29, we have 382 General members, 19 Educational Program members, and 3 Registered Service Providers. If you are interested in your institution becoming a member of ArchivesSpace, please email us at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> for more information.

ArchivesSpace monthly updates provide news about ArchivesSpace community and program activities and are sent to our member listservs, the ArchivesSpace Google Group, and SAA’s Collection Management Tools Section listserv, as well as being posted on the ArchivesSpace website. Please feel free to share this update with people you know who have an interest in ArchivesSpace but may not be on one of these lists.