[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Unprocessed label on processed accessions

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Fri Sep 28 10:47:46 EDT 2018

Hi Nic,

I can’t speak to reports, but as for the ArchivesSpace Public User Interface, published accession records will always show up right now.  In other words, until the “Publish?” checkbox is not selected, it gets indexed in the PUI.

We’ve just started publishing accession records in one of our repositories, and right now we have an extra step of unpublishing those records once an associated finding aid is published.  So, it’s a manual process right now, but I agree that it would be great to have other logic handle this in more streamlined fashion.  There were discussions about handling this differently when the PUI was updated with version 2.1, but since there were/are multiple ways to indicate that an accession is processed (we’re using the “Processing Status” right now, rather than an event record, for instance), the decision at the time was just to rely on the “publish” button.

Mark