[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace color scheme customization

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at virginia.edu
Tue Sep 11 13:47:13 EDT 2018

public_suffix-3.0.2 is in the build/gems/gems/ directory in my source/development repo, however I don’t see it in an unpacked production server distribution gems directory.

I find it in public/Gemfile.lock:

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blame/v2.5.0/public/Gemfile.lock <https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blame/v2.5.0/public/Gemfile.lock>

Nothing about those specs has changed immediately before or after v2.5.0 release, but the commit for that addition
4 months ago says it was to “Add Capybara + Selenium test to PUI” and public_suffix appears to be pulled in as part
of those gems.

Looking in public/Gemfile, capybara gem is inside a 'group :test do’ block:

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/v2.5.0/public/Gemfile#L77 <https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/v2.5.0/public/Gemfile#L77>

So it would appear that those gems are only included for test in the development server and aren’t packaged for production server.

Are you building public.war as a build.xml target ? : ‘./build/run public:war’

Looking at the dist build target in build/build.xml, I see that when it calls the war file build targets,
it sets an excluded-gem-groups parameter to “test development doc” .

This is probably the source of you problem.

  <target name="dist"
          description="Build a standalone distribution zip of all components">

    <antcall target="set-classpath" />
  </target>

— Steve M.