[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Formating Component Titles

Dallas Pillen djpillen at umich.edu
Wed Oct 17 13:27:44 EDT 2018

Hey Ed,

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. I'm not entirely sure, but I suspect the ns2 namespace prefix is a
holdover from the way that Archivist's Toolkit namespaced xlink attributes.
ArchivesSpace uses xlink as the namespace prefix, so you could try
replacing "ns2:actuate" with "xlink:actuate" to avoid the error message
when printing to PDF. Or, just leave it as actuate="onrequest" without any
namespace prefix.
2. The acceptable values for the title @render
<http://loc.gov/ead/tglib/elements/title.html> attribute are: altrender,
bold, bolddoublequote, bolditalic, boldsinglequote, boldsmcaps,
boldunderline, doublequote, *italic*, nonproport, singlequote, smcaps, sub,
super, and underline
Note that the value to italicize text is "italic" with no s. Have you tried
<title render="italic">The Alert</title>?

We do have some examples of this working to format component titles in the
staff interface:

And in exported PDFs:

We aren't using the PUI so, unfortunately, I cannot confirm if this
resolves the different problem that you referenced in the PUI PDF.

Dallas