[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Styling links in ArchviesSpace notes

Terry Brady Terry.Brady at georgetown.edu
Fri Nov 16 13:53:42 EST 2018

The Georgetown University Library uses DSpace to publish digital objects
for our archival collections.

In ArchivesSpace, we will be constructing DAO objects that link to specific
DSpace items.

At the ArchivesSpace resource/collection level, we would like to display a
note that indicates that digital objects exist within the resource.  We
would like that note to link to a DSpace collection.

We are able to create a scope and content note that contains a hyperlink to
a DSpace collection.

Additionally, we would like to display an inline image along with that
hyperlink.

If we attempt to add html img tags into our scope and content note, we see
that ArchivesSpace sanitizes the html and removes the img tags.

Is there a way to include inline images within a note (or another object)
in ArchivesSpace?

So far, we have kept the code changes in our AS instance to a minimum.  I
suppose that we could create a custom note type and then render that note
type on the front end with an inline image.  If possible, we would prefer
to avoid that level of customization.

Do you have any suggestions for how we could solve this problem?

Alternatively, we think it could be useful to be able to display DAO
thumbnails inline for collection/resource objects.  See the following
enhancement request: https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-810

Thanks, Terry

--
Terry Brady