[Archivesspace_Users_Group] editing/adding series

Alexander Duryee alexanderduryee at nypl.org
Mon Nov 5 14:17:04 EST 2018

Andrea,

If you're looking to declare the level of hierarchy in the RDE, you can do
so via the Level of Description column, which has a drop-down for Series,
Subseries, File, etc.

If you're looking to add hierarchy to the RDE (e.g. a row for a series,
then rows for subseries/files under it), that's unfortunately impossible
via the RDE.  The RDE can only create components at one level at a time, so
there's no way to create a series-level component and its children within a
single RDE session.  There are methods to create many components within a
series via RDE (such as starting the RDE session from the series-level
component), but there's no way to do so all within one single session.

Hope this helps,
--Alex

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 3:35 PM, Belair, Andrea <belaira at union.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
> I created a record and inputted via rapidentry at file level, and I'd like
> to go back and add a column or hierarchical level to indicate series. Is
> there a way to do this? I am not able to find it in my manual.
> Thank you so much,
> Andrea
>
> --
> Andrea Belair
> Archives and Special Collections Librarian
> Union College
> 807 Union Street
> Schenectady, NY 12308
> 518-388-6871