[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Background Job access Settings

Angela Kroeger akroeger at unomaha.edu
Tue May 8 13:15:23 EDT 2018

Hi, J. J.

You might be able to fix this under Manage User Access (hidden in a drop menu under the gear icon next to your repository name), where you'd edit the groups of the user who needs to do this process and add them to an existing group that has access to this process.

If none of your groups have access to this process, then try under Manage Groups (also under the little gear icon). Edit an existing group or create a new group with the following options checked:

- cancel an import job (optional--we don't have this checked, and I can run EAD imports just fine)
- initiate import jobs (required)
- create and run a background job (required)
- cancel a background job (also optional, but helpful if your job gets hung up on an error)

I'm not sure if there are other options that need to be checked. I presume the user already has the ability to create and edit records outside of background jobs.

If I'm missing something, someone please correct me.

Hope this helps!

--Angela

Angela Kroeger
Archives and Special Collections Associate
UNO Libraries | Criss Library 107
University of Nebraska at Omaha | unomaha.edu

402.554.4159
akroeger at unomaha.edu<mailto:akroeger at unomaha.edu>

[Media:UniversityCommunications:Graphic Design:Brand tools:Logos- UNO:Vector files:Lock-up:Lockup-color on white backgrnd.eps]