[Archivesspace_Users_Group] everyone seems to be seeing these “GC overhead limit exceeded” errors

Daniel Sprouse dsprouse at tsl.texas.gov
Wed May 2 11:41:23 EDT 2018

Yes, I had reported that issue Monday, but decided it was a probably java problem, and to set GCS in the archivesspace.sh script then saw that there are only three custom opts there for java. ( ASPACE_JAVA_XMX="-Xmx1024m" ASPACE_JAVA_XSS="-Xss2m" and ASPACE_JAVA_MAXPERMSIZE="-XX:MaxPermSize=256m" )
I am curious if the following changes can (or should) be made/added in archivesspace.sh:

-XX:+UseG1GC
-XX:G1ReservePercent=40
-XX:NewRatio=2

and am curious how exactly to implement them if they should in fact be made.
Thanks

Daniel Sprouse, Linux Administrator
Texas State Library & Archives Commission
G 19.01  tel: 512-463-5482