[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Test server / production server ArchivesSpace question.

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at virginia.edu
Tue May 1 11:10:03 EDT 2018

The mysqldump is sufficient to restore ArchivesSpace state.
It will rebuild the solr indexes. That will take a bit longer, but I prefer to do a complete clean reindex when cloning production to test. ( There are a number of glitches where the first bit of advice is usually to trigger a reindex. )

The only other state information that isn’t in the mysql database is the log info for batch jobs, which is in the data/shared/job_files directories. If you’re going to want to access output from old batch processes, you need to copy those.
Typically, I retain those files when updating ArchivesSpace on production, but I don’t copy them when cloning production to test.

— Steve Majewski