[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Oracle changing Java licensing

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Tue May 1 09:01:28 EDT 2018

Dear Matt,

Thanks for bringing this up. I talked with our Tech Lead, Laney, and we discussed that we’ll likely be changing our releases to include OpenJDK, in conjunction with moving up to Java 9. We’ll be adding changing over to OpenJDK 9 to the roadmap (anticipated for fall 2018). Our hope is that there would be very little impact to the community, and that the move would be fairly seamless.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>