[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Export of archival objects / contents lists?

Noah Huffman noah.huffman at duke.edu
Wed Mar 28 15:22:21 EDT 2018

Hi Jane,

You might check out this Digitization Work Order plugin: https://github.com/hudmol/digitization_work_order

It's designed for a more specific use case (generating scan list spreadsheets), but generally it does what you want and once you install the plugin you can run it from within the staff interface. Only a subset of the archival object metadata is exported as TSV (titles, dates, containers, barcodes, etc.).  If I remember right, it does not export notes.

Alternatively, there are some XSLT scripts in the wild that can produce CSV from EAD. So, to get a spreadsheet of archival object information for a resource you can:

1)      Export EAD from ASpace

2)      Transform EAD with XSLT to produce CSV of archival objects

Here's one that I use occasionally for roundtripping archival object metadata in ASpace: https://github.com/duke-libraries/archivesspace-duke-scripts/blob/master/xslt/aspaceEAD_to_SteadyCSV.xsl

There are probably some python scripts floating around as well that use the API to create CSVs of all of the archival objects in a collection/resource.

A third option would be to run an SQL query against the backend database, but I find the two options above a bit easier as you'd probably have to join lots of tables in your query to get all of the metadata you'd want in your CSV.

Hope this helps,
-Noah

Noah Huffman
Archivist for Metadata, Systems, and Digital Records
David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
Duke University | 919-660-5982
http://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/