[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Configuring barcode digits?

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at virginia.edu
Fri Mar 16 12:37:42 EDT 2018

The generate_accession_identifiers plugin is an example of how to load javascript conditionally for a particular controller and action. For your case, you probably want to catch the top_containers controller for new and edit actions.

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/plugins/generate_accession_identifiers/frontend/views/layout_head.html.erb

<% if controller.controller_name == 'accessions' && controller.action_name == 'new' %>
  <%= javascript_include_tag "#{@base_url}/assets/generate_accession_identifiers.js" %>
<% end %>

Inspecting the form html, the field you want to validate is: $( ‘input#top_container_barcode_’ )

You can google many examples of how to validate forms using jquery.
Here’s one example:

https://formden.com/blog/validate-contact-form-jquery

— Steve M.