[Archivesspace_Users_Group] FW: [Archivesspace_member_reps] Migrating Data from Eloquent Systems to ArchivesSpace

Bria Lynn Parker blparker at umd.edu
Thu Mar 15 09:42:16 EDT 2018

Hi Cheryl,

I'll also chime in here - I just got (mostly) through converting a ton of
data that were eloquent data exported to tab delimited text/spreadsheet. We
had a LARGE collection we purchased, and that was what we got with it: a
dump of their eloquent data.

I made use of Stead: https://github.com/jronallo/stead to do the conversion
to EAD, and some local scripts to do some stuff to the converted EAD prior
to upload to ArchivesSpace.
A colleague and I made some local modifications/enhancements Stead to get
it to work with our data. I would be more than happy to talk with you
offline about how I did this if this is something you're interested in. And
I would of course share my code.

--
Bria L. Parker
Head, Discovery and Metadata Services