[Archivesspace_Users_Group] reminder about how to get member tech support for ArchivesSpace

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Wed Mar 14 09:46:30 EDT 2018

Hi ArchivesSpace members,

Because a number of people are new or newly in production, and it never hurts to have a reminder in any case, I wanted to point out the process for obtaining tech support from ArchivesSpace, which is described at http://archivesspace.org/member-area/technical-support/.

In short, we have an agreement with LYRASIS Digital Technology Services (DTS) to provide support for members in a range of technical areas, including installation, upgrades, migration troubleshooting, and general technical difficulties. When you need help, we encourage you to post to the Users Group first, both to determine if your problem is being encountered by others and in case your solution can be easily crowdsourced. If you find you need more individualized assistance, please email the program team at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> - we'll determine if your issue needs technical help between what Kim, Laney, and I can easily provide in the course of our other activities. If it does, we'll set up a ticket for you and the LYRASIS DTS team will take over from there. We always encourage you to share solutions back with the community, especially if it's something you originally posted about on the listserv, so that everyone benefits.

Please note that while there is no limit on the number of requests a member organization may make for assistance, support provided through membership is geared toward helping people learn how to help themselves and there are limits to the complexity of issues that can be addressed. For example, membership does not include hosting, customization, data migration, or intensive data repair. We can provide you with strong guidance in these areas, but we can't undertake the solutions themselves for you. If your issue requires assistance beyond what is possible through membership, we will alert you to this and suggest alternatives.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>