[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace Election results and new appointments

Gordon Daines gordon_daines at byu.edu
Fri Jun 29 10:23:21 EDT 2018

To members of the ArchivesSpace community,

I am pleased to announce the results of the recent Governance Board election as well as new appointments to the User Advisory Council and the Technical Advisory Council.

Governance Board

*        Cynthia Ghering, Director, University Archives, Michigan State University (Very Large member representative)

*        Kat Stefko, Associate Librarian for Discovery, Digitization and Special Collections and Director of the George J. Mitchell Department of Special Collections & Archives, Bowdoin College (Small member representative)

Cynthia and Kat will begin their three year terms on July 1, 2018 and serve through June 30, 2021. We extend our renewed thanks to outgoing representatives Audra Eagle Yun (University of California, Irvine) and Heather Heckman (Pennsylvania State Archives).

The following individuals were appointed to the User Advisory and Technical Advisory Councils and will begin their two year terms on July 1, 2018.

User Advisory Council

*        Kevin Clair, University of Denver

*        Angela White, Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis

*        William Modrow, Miami University of Ohio

*        Kate Blalack, Woody Guthrie Center

*        Terra Gullings, University of Texas at Tyler

*        Julia Novakovic, The Strong

*        Adrienne Harling, San Francisco Symphony

*        Joshua Shaw, Dartmouth College

Technical Advisory Council

*        Greg Wiedeman, University of Albany

*        Bria Parker, University of Maryland

*        Alicia Detelich, Yale University

*        Jared Campbell, University of California, Davis

*        Edgar Garcia, Northwestern University

*        Dave Mayo, Harvard University

Best wishes to all as we welcome our representatives to their new roles and look ahead to the coming year.

Respectfully submitted,

J. Gordon Daines III
Chair, 2018 Nominating Committee
Brigham Young University