[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Rapid Data Entry errors

Rose Oliveira roliveir at conncoll.edu
Thu Jun 21 14:36:06 EDT 2018

I have a similar problem. I recreated our templates to try and fix this
problem.  However, when I try to save I get a property missing error. All
the required information is in the correct field. Has anyone else
experienced this?

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 8:33 AM Lisa Calahan <lcalahan at umn.edu> wrote:

> We also had this problem. I ended up deleting the 20+ templates we had
> saved and creating new ones.
>

> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 8:13 PM, Tang, Lydia <ltang5 at lib.msu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>> I just wanted to chime in and say that we experienced this as well.  We
>> ended up replacing our templates after the 2.x upgrade.  Luckily, we didn’t
>> have many specialized templates to update.
>> Lydia
>>
>> From: <archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org> on
>> behalf of Christina Barber <cbarber at amherst.edu>
>> Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 12:36 PM
>> To: "archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org" <
>> archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org>
>> Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Rapid Data Entry errors
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Since upgrading to ArchivesSpace v. 2.3.2 from v. 1.5.3, we have
>> encountered an error with Rapid Data Entry.  Rapid Data Entry templates,
>> both templates created in the new version and templates carried over from
>> the previous version, are appearing – for lack of a better word – broken.
>> Here are two screen shots of how our templates can appear in the Rapid Data
>> Entry screen: occasionally with fields falling under incorrect elements
>> (i.e. Label fields appearing under Date) or with a whole slew of other
>> elements jumbled together without fields to edit, as in the first screen
>> shot.  These cause errors and an inability to save because some of the
>> fields that are not appearing are required fields.  Has anyone encountered
>> a similar problem or have ideas about what’s gone wrong?  Our ArchivesSpace
>> is hosted locally and managed by the College’s IT department.
>>
>> Thanks, all, for any help,
>> Chris Barber
>>
>> Christina E. Barber
>> Deputy Archivist
>> Amherst College
>> cbarber at amherst.edu<mailto:cbarber at amherst.edu>
>>
>> [cid:image001.jpg at 01D3ED12.4FCA0430]
>>
>> [cid:image002.png at 01D3ED12.4FCA0430]

> --
> Pronouns: She/her/hers
> Head of Archival Processing
> University of Minnesota Libraries
> Archives and Special Collections <https://www.lib.umn.edu/special>
> Elmer L. Andersen Library, Suite 315
> 222-21st Ave. S.
> Minneapolis MN 55455
>
> Phone: 612.626.2531

Rose Oliveira

Linda Lear Special Collections Librarian
Linda Lear Center for Special Collections and Archives

Connecticut College
Charles E. Shain Library
270 Mohegan Ave.
New London, CT 06320