[Archivesspace_Users_Group] External Documents Link in Accessions not working correctly?

Busch, Ed buschedw at msu.edu
Mon Jun 11 15:12:16 EDT 2018

In Accessions, there's a section for entering External Document titles and locations which creates a link. I have had success creating document links to http pages but not to file pages. The help specifies the form file:///C:\Users\buschedw\Desktop\ERST_faq.docx but when the document link is clicked, nothing happens. I can take the document link and paste into a browser and the document opens successfully.

In summary, the link works for http: but not for file:

I don't see an open ticket for this. Or maybe this is a local setup thing that I don't know about. :)

Ed Busch
Electronic Records Archivist
MSU Archives
Conrad Hall, Room 101