[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace Integrations Wish List

Olivia S Solis livsolis at utexas.edu
Tue Jun 5 10:44:45 EDT 2018

Hi all,

So this is probably hyperspecific to our needs, but

1) Islandora integration that can deal with a very detailed MODS form. We
are aware that there is an existing module, but it uses the ASpace fields
to populate Islandora (at least when we tested it), and our Islandora XML
form is way more complex than ASpace.

2) I manage taxonomy lists with both local and external controlled
vocabularies outside ASpace, as they apply to both ASpace and Islandora.
I'm not sure how unique we are. Eventually, I will want to publish to iQVoc
or some taxonomy management system. integration with that system would be
great so that I could post new subject/agent terms to ASpace with the click
of a button. (This may be too nebulous)

3) In the mean time, I'm managing them in Google Sheets, temporarily
assigning local terms a local identifier (until we can get them URIs). It
would be great to have some kind of CSV uploader for new subject/agent
records, one that would spit back the ASpace ID so I could easily add them
to the existing Google Sheets lists.

Thanks,
Olivia

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 2:49 PM, Hughes, Margaret <mhughes at library.ucla.edu>
wrote:

> Thanks so much for your response, Seth, and for including an example of
> the functionality you’d like to see in a CONTENTdm/ASpace integration. I’ve
> added it to our list!
>

> I’ve heard from others off-list, and so far our “integrations wish list”
> includes:
>
> ·         CONTENTdm x2
>
> ·         Trello
>
> ·         ILS x2
>

> Please reach out (on- or off-list) if you have an ASpace integration you’d
> like to see!

Olivia Solis, MSIS
Metadata Coordinator
Dolph Briscoe Center for American History
The University of Texas at Austin
2300 Red River St. Stop D1100
Austin TX, 78712-1426