[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace board update

Laurie Arp laurie.arp at lyrasis.org
Tue Jan 16 10:45:39 EST 2018

Distributing for Carol Mandel...

Dear ArchivesSpace members,

I am writing to report on the ArchivesSpace Governance Board 2nd Quarter meeting, a 2 hour call which was conducted December 4th.

We reviewed the continued dedicated work of the Technical Advisory Council and User Advisory Council and thank the members for their strong participation. The operations update highlighted progress in development, especially the contributions from several ArchivesSpace member institutions that sponsored or contributed important functionality.  The board is also encouraged by the creation of and continued progress by the core committers group.

Gordon Daines graciously agree to chair the Nominating Committee this year. We appreciate him taking on this pivotal responsibility.

The board is making progress on several important foundation documents.  Work continues on the bylaws review, the organizational home agreement and updating a mission statement.  A Budget Reserve Fund policy was approved.  The board briefly discussed futureproofing ArchivesSpace, and will work with the LYRASIS organizational home over the next year to research and consider a number of key areas for potential needs and growth.

In closing, I am very happy to report that the ArchivesSpace membership organization continues to be vital and growing, with members making contributions to all facets of the program.

The Board welcomes your communications and comments. Thank you for your continuing support and ongoing participation in the community we have created together.

Respectfully,

Carol A. Mandel
Chair, ArchivesSpace Governance Board
Dean, Division of Libraries, New York University