[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Bilingual finding aids and agents

Lisa Crane Lisa_Crane at cuc.claremont.edu
Tue Jan 9 20:37:43 EST 2018

Hello!

I am in the process of putting together my first bi-lingual finding aid ¨C Chinese and English.  I am interested in hearing how anyone in the group working with bi-lingual finding aids might create their Agents in ASpace?

I had thought about creating two agents ¨C one in English and one in Chinese ¨C and linking both to the resource.  I also thought about creating a single agent (using both English and Chinese) and somehow try to ¡°force¡± the formatting as follows:

Creator (personal name):  Shen, Jialin = Éò¼ÒÁÕ (artist)
Creator (corporate name):  Shanghai People's Fine Arts Publishing House (SPFAPH) = ÉϺ£ÈËÃñÃÀÊõ³ö°æÉç (publisher)

Of course, each of the creator¡¯s above would be a single agent, but display both English and Chinese.

Does anyone have any experience with this?  Do you have any ideas/suggestions/best practices?  I look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,

Lisa

Lisa L. Crane | Western Americana Manuscripts Librarian | The Claremont Colleges Library
800 North Dartmouth Ave. | Claremont, CA 91711-5053
Phone (909) 607-0862  | lisa.crane at claremont.edu<mailto:lisa.crane at claremont.edu>