[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Staff users/agents as subjects/creators

Olivia S Solis livsolis at utexas.edu
Thu Jan 4 16:28:58 EST 2018

Hi Jordon,

Thanks for the response! Do you use URIs for your terms? Forgive me if this
was not clear before (or if it was that I am being repetitive). We've been
doing a lot of work to clean up normalize data set ourselves up for a
linked data universe where we reference all of our names with URIs and we
specify the name authorities we are using. In particular, we've chosen
VIAF. So say Celine Dion is our Registrar who uses ArchivesSpace daily to
create and search for records. She also donated her papers to us. She needs
a user account, but we want to refer to her by her URI:
https://viaf.org/viaf/12491209
in her papers, in particular to anything we publish. If she has a user
account, there is no field for the URI or the authority. If I'm not
mistaken, all users who get "Local" rules, but we would want to specify
"VIAF" as the source of the term.

Thanks, and again, sorry if I am over-explaining!

-Olivia

[image: Inline image 1]