[Archivesspace_Users_Group] SAA 2018 C.F.W. Coker Award

Bace, Martha mabace at ua.edu
Mon Feb 5 17:27:52 EST 2018

Call for Nominations - 2018 C.F.W. Coker Award

Greetings colleagues!

It is that time of the year where we ask for you to help us identify archivists and groups of archivists who have made valuable contributions to our profession! As a part of these efforts, we are looking for nominations for the C.F.W. Coker Award, which is awarded annually to an individual or group who have performed outstanding and innovative archival descriptive work.

This descriptive work can take many forms, including:

1.       Finding aids, including, among others, multi-institutional guides, record surveys, repository guides, special subject lists, finding aids to individual collections or records groups, and narrative descriptions of holdings.

2.      Finding aid systems, including, among others, manual or automatic indexing systems, computer databases, or current awareness systems for notifying users of holdings.

3.      Descriptive tools that enable archivists to produce more effective finding aids, including, among others, subject thesauri, authority files, data element dictionaries, manuals establishing descriptive standards, and such reference works as atlases and administrative histories.

4.      Projects that involve innovative developments in archival description, including, among others, cooperative ventures that result in the exchange of finding aid information among repositories, efforts at building national information systems, and survey projects.

If you are aware of innovative work in any of these areas we ask that you please consider submitting a nomination (self-nominations are welcome!) via our nomination form<https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/45800-Society-Of-American-Archivists>: by February 28, 2018.

For more information about the C.F.W. Coker Award please visit: https://www2.archivists.org/governance/handbook/section12-coker.

Thank you everyone for your consideration and time.

The C.F.W. Coker Award Subcommittee:

Rebecca Hirsch (chair)

Martha Bace

Shannon Lausch

Linda Sellars

Martha A. Bace
Processing Archivist, Special Collections
University Libraries
The University of Alabama<https://www.ua.edu/>
203 Mary Harmon Bryant Hall
Box 870266
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
Office 205-348-6388<tel:205-348-6388> | Fax 205-348-1699<tel:205-348-1699>
mabace at ua.edu<mailto:mabace at ua.edu> | http://www.lib.ua.edu/
[The University of Alabama]<https://www.ua.edu/>