[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Importing Accessions CSVs - linking agents and resources

Lora Woodford Lora.Woodford at lyrasis.org
Mon Dec 17 11:11:20 EST 2018

Hi Carly,

The current accessions CSV import is limited to the columns that exist in the csv template, and, as such, does not support the type of workflow you describe.  Rightly or wrongly, it definitely assumes that you are using the CSV importer to import wholly new records and new linked/associated records (in the case of subjects and agents, at least).  It does not support importing classifications and links to related resources.

I’ve done very little with the csv imports so I’m not sure how difficult it would be to extend the functionality to accomplish what you want, but would encourage anyone to chime in here with advice if you have done so (or attempted to do so and scrapped the idea!).  Given the fact that I haven’t seen any examples of folks doing this work (correct me if I’m wrong!), I suspect it is rather tricky.

There are many more examples out there of folks associating existing linked records to one another using the ArchivesSpace API.  A great resource to start learning how this project might be accomplished using the API is the ArchivesSnake repository in GitHub (a readme begins after you scroll past that list of files):  https://github.com/archivesspace-labs/ArchivesSnake

 Hopefully others will chime in with additional advice.

Best,

Lora