[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Specifying Physical Location in Resource Records

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at virginia.edu
Thu Dec 6 13:10:04 EST 2018

Resources/Archival_objects/Accessions can have a container Instance, which will link to a top_container that can link to a Location.

Look at: "Managing Containers…/Managing Top Containers/Creating a Top Container” in the online manual.

It may be a bit confusing that the staff interface has create menus items for most objects, but the option to create a top container, I believe, only appears when you create an instance.

— Steve Majewski.