[Archivesspace_Users_Group] question about external documents stored locally

Steele, Henry Henry.Steele at tufts.edu
Fri Aug 24 12:49:20 EDT 2018

Digital Archives & Collections at Tufts has a number of external documents that are stored in an institutional network drive.   ArchivesSpace has a way to link to documents, and we see this works for documents that are web-accessible through a URL.  But for documents in DCA's departmental drive, we don't know how create a file path for these.  Obvisouly we would add the file:/// prefix, but I don't see anywhere in ArchivesSpace where you would define the network path for a such a drive.

The documentation at https://archivesspace.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ExtDocument-Specification-ReviewedVersion-20111114.pdf  indicates that you could use a file path or URI , but I haven't found anything on how.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Henry Steele
Systems Librarian
Tufts Univerity Library Technology Services
(617)627-5239