[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Questions about user accounts & permissions

Noah Huffman noah.huffman at duke.edu
Wed Aug 1 11:29:08 EDT 2018

Hi Christie,

I created a new permissions group called “Expired Users” (morbid, I know). That group has no permissions in the system.

When students/interns/staff leave our employ, I assign their user account to that group. This way I can keep a record of their username and other user details.

To answer your first question, I believe the “created_by” and “last_modified_by” fields will still retain usernames even if those users are deleted from the system.

-Noah

Noah Huffman
Archivist for Metadata, Systems, and Digital Records
David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
Duke University | 919-660-5982
http://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/