[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Archon to Archivesspace migration

Prom, Christopher John prom at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 20 10:22:45 EDT 2018

Matt and Andrea,

If you are already running a 3.21 version of Archon, all you need to do is copy the latest release files onto your server, ensuring that the config.php files settings are retained.

All of the 3.21 versions of archon use the same database structure, so simply downloading the latest release and pointing it to an existing database will give you what you need to migrate.  You could even run both 3.21 in production at the current location, and 3.21 rev 3 in a different location, pointing at the same database.

https://github.com/archonproject/archon/releases

https://github.com/archonproject/archon/blob/master/README.md

(Admittedly, that is not all that clear on the existing readme, which is more focused around upgrades where there is a database change—which hasn't happened since the project went into support mode).

Thanks,

Chris

Christopher J. Prom, PhD
Andrew S. G. Turyn Professor