[Archivesspace_Users_Group] DB Migration Question

Francis Kayiwa kayiwa at princeton.edu
Tue Sep 19 14:42:54 EDT 2017

Hello,

On 9/19/17 2:25 PM, Chelsea Lobdell wrote:
> Hi Aspace!
>
> I just upgraded our instance of Archivesspace from v2.0.1 to v2.1.2 on
> our development server.
>
> After running setup-database.sh to migrate the data I noticed an odd
> table in the database called rights_statement_pre_088.
>
> The application starts up and runs fine but recently a staff member was
> editing labels in en.yml and config.rb for the new PUI and had to force
> a re-index. After the re-index, Archivesspace was complaining that
> rights_statement_pre_088 was not set to use UTF8 for its character
> encoding.
>
> I was able to resolve the issue by dropping and then re-creating our dev
> DB from our live DB but I am curious about rights_statement_pre_088. The
> table still exists though no errors are currently being thrown.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this or have any advice?

I would make sure when you create the new DB you have the entire DB is
set to utf8 (which I speculate isn't the case or at least certainly was
in my case)

on the command line that'd be

create database yourv212newdatabase default character set utf8;

Then import the v2.0.1 db into the db above and run the

setup-database.sh script which should honor that.

On completion it will be gone.

Cheers,
./fxk