[Archivesspace_Users_Group] DB Migration Question

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Tue Sep 19 14:39:16 EDT 2017

Hi Chelsea,

Version 2.1 of ArchivesSpace included an expanded rights statements module and setup-database has a data migration to move previous rights data to the new model (migration 088). The purpose of the rights_statement_pre_088 table is to serve as a backup of your previous rights statement data in case you find that your rights data did not migrate as expected. It is not needed if you’re happy with the way the data migrated.

As to why ArchivesSpace would throw an error saying it was not set to UTF8, I would be curious if anyone else has experienced that during or post-upgrade. We have not heard of that occurring previously.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>