[Archivesspace_Users_Group] DB Migration Question

Chelsea Lobdell clobdel1 at swarthmore.edu
Tue Sep 19 14:25:04 EDT 2017

Hi Aspace!

I just upgraded our instance of Archivesspace from v2.0.1 to v2.1.2 on our
development server.

After running setup-database.sh to migrate the data I noticed an odd table
in the database called rights_statement_pre_088.

The application starts up and runs fine but recently a staff member was
editing labels in en.yml and config.rb for the new PUI and had to force a
re-index. After the re-index, Archivesspace was complaining that
rights_statement_pre_088 was not set to use UTF8 for its character
encoding.

I was able to resolve the issue by dropping and then re-creating our dev DB
from our live DB but I am curious about rights_statement_pre_088. The table
still exists though no errors are currently being thrown.

Has anyone else encountered this or have any advice?

Thanks,
Chelsea
*Chelsea Lobdell*
*Library Web Developer/ Swarthmore College*
*clobdel1 at swarthmore.edu <clobdel1 at swarthmore.edu> / (610)690-6818*