[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Migrating and maintaining item-level records in ILS and/or ASpace

Jason Loeffler j at minorscience.com
Mon Sep 11 14:59:21 EDT 2017

Hi Erin,

We've set up a few local processes to handle a similar use case. In the
past, we've exported MARC formatted records from our Koha ILS then migrated
them into ArchivesSpace-ready JSON format using Catmandu
<http://librecat.org/> fixes, modifying descriptive and structural metadata
as needed. Catmandu offers a fairly high-level meta-language with which you
can script conditional rule sets. One major issue we're dealing with now is
synchronizing and enforcing authority data between the two systems. That
piece of the puzzle is very much a work-in-progress.

Looking ahead, both Koha and ArchivesSpace have nascent OAI-PMH services,
and we hope to exploit these capacities in the future, though the former is
amidst QA.

Feel free to continue the discussion here or contact me directly off list.

Best wishes, Jason

Jason Loeffler
Technology Consultant | The American Academy in Rome
Minor Science | Application Development & Metadata Strategy
Brooklyn, New York
jason at minorscience.com
(347) 405-0826
minorscience (Skype)