[Archivesspace_Users_Group] release candidate available - ArchivesSpace v2.2.0-RC1

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Wed Oct 4 09:58:50 EDT 2017

The ArchivesSpace team is pleased to announce a release candidate, v2.2.0-RC1. You can download it at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v2.2.0-RC1 or test it out without downloading at http://test.archivesspace.org (username admin /password admin).

We are especially pleased because this release candidate includes two community-contributed areas of new functionality:

Tufts University subsidized a new assessment module, based very closely on a community-authored specification and hewing closely to the functionality previously available in Archivists' Toolkit. The development was done by Hudson Molonglo. Dan Santamaria and Adrienne Pruitt took the lead on the Tufts side in working closely with HM developers James Bullen, Mark Triggs, and Payten Giles. They also coordinated putting the module out for wider testing, in which people at institutions including the Smithsonian, Smith College, University of Michigan Special Collections, and the Historical Society of Pennsylvania participated.

Trevor Thornton of North Carolina State University and Noah Huffman of Duke University partnered to create an EAD3 exporter, based on a community-distributed specification. Trevor did the development and Noah did extensive and iterative testing. We are excited to have this first level of support for EAD3 in ArchivesSpace and see this as a building block for additional EAD3 support in future releases. Thanks also to Mark Custer at Yale for providing testing feedback.

Thank you so much to Dan, Adrienne, Trevor, and Noah for all their work in bringing these projects to completion and making the results available to the entire ArchivesSpace community. If your institution would like to get involved in subsidizing or working on development prioritized by the ArchivesSpace community, please get in touch with me or Laney.

This release candidate also includes some bug fixes and improvements contributed by community members Steve Majewski, Chris Fitzpatrick, Mark Cooper, Payten Giles, and Christian von Kleist, as well as development work by our Tech Lead Laney McGlohon.

Please test this release candidate as you are able over the next few days and report any issues you find to me at christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>. Barring significant issues, we hope to make the production release available sometime next week.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>