[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ILS and AS

Jason Loeffler j at minorscience.com
Mon Nov 27 12:57:32 EST 2017

Hi Shelley,

This topic has been discussed recently in Integrations
<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/17137746/Integrations>
meetings,
though, given team members current commitments, we temporarily dropped the
discussion.

At the Academy's New York office, we're currently using a few custom tools
to map ArchivesSpace resource component JSON to MARC bibliographic records.
The latest version of ArchivesSpace has an OAI-PMH MARC responder. If your
ILS has an OAI-PMH client that may be worth exploring. Reconciling subject
and named authorities between the two systems is particularly tricky. Happy
to discuss this in more detail should the occasion arise.

I'm curious to know whether other institutions are grappling with this use
case. If there's a critical mass of support, perhaps the Integrations team
should take this matter up in the future.

Regards, Jason

Jason Loeffler
Technology Consultant | The American Academy in Rome
Minor Science | Application Development & Metadata Strategy
Brooklyn, New York
jason at minorscience.com
(347) 405-0826
minorscience (Skype)