[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Remove option from drop-down menu in PUI search bar

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at virginia.edu
Mon Nov 20 16:36:35 EST 2017

I don’t believe that is something that can be configured with a :pui_hide option.

That form control is generated by this partial:

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/public/app/views/shared/_search.html.erb#L24-L28

    <% if i == 0 %>
        <%= label_tag(:limit, t('search-limit'),:class => 'sr-only') %>
        <%= select_tag(:limit, options_for_select(limit_options, @search[:limit]), :class=> 'form-control fill-column') %>

which gets called from several different views with limit_options set.

For example:
 https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/public/app/views/welcome/show.html.erb#L13

You could either:

[1] find those cases and override limit_options in  plugins/local/public/views/ for all of those instances,
[2] just override that partial in plugins to strip out or ignore that particular option,
[3] Or, I think the simplest and easiest way is to remove it with javascript added to plugins/local/public/views/layout_head.html.erb :

<script type="text/javascript" >
    $( function() { $( "select#limit >option[value='digital_object']" ).remove(); });
</script>

That’s off the top of my head: you should probably double check or test that that selector doesn’t turn up in any other views.

— Steve Majewski