[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Digital Object vs Resource record

Benedett, Barbara barbara.benedett at curtis.edu
Wed Nov 15 09:23:44 EST 2017

Hello,

I'm curious about how people are handling digital objects attached to resources in ASpace.  If you have created an archival object for which you will attach a digital object as an instance, where do you tend to put the bulk of the descriptive metadata?  Or do you duplicate notes and/or children in both the DO and the resource record?  How about DO's dates?  Do you tend to record only the date the digital object was created or the dates of the digitized materials within as well?

I am, of course, reluctant to have to type the same data twice.  However, since I will be publishing many of the DOs for public view, I'm inclined to want the same level of detail in both the finding aid and the digital object record.  Anyone care to share what you do in this area?

Many thanks,
Barbara

Barbara J. Benedett, CA
Digital Archivist | Rock Resource Center
1720 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 717-3139 Phone  |  (215) 893-9065 Fax  |  barbara.benedett at curtis.edu<mailto:barbara.benedett at curtis.edu>

[logo gif not for paper (horizontal)]<http://www.curtis.edu/html/10000.shtml>