[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Staff Interface Enhancement Working Group recommendations

Tang, Lydia ltang5 at lib.msu.edu
Tue Nov 7 14:39:12 EST 2017

Dear ArchivesSpace users,
On behalf of the Staff Interface Enhancement Working Group (SIEWG),<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/103454069/Staff+Interface+Enhancement+Working+Group> we are pleased to share our draft recommendations for feedback and commentary.  Consisting of 34 volunteers from a broad array of member institutions, SIEWG was tasked to survey JIRA tickets and create recommendations to improve the usability and accessibility of the ArchivesSpace Staff Interface, taking into consideration the diverse experience levels and needs of staff, students, and volunteers who interact with the program.

The commenting period will be open until December 1st. We hope to submit our final recommendations to the ArchivesSpace program and publish them to Confluence in mid-December. To provide feedback, you can comment directly on the individual documents, add questions or comments to the Brainstorming and Feedback file at the end of this message, start a discussion on the User Group listserv, or email me directly.

Due to idiosyncrasies with permissions for Google docs, here are the following links to our recommendations:

Google Drive folder (view only for all documents): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B12JUawTWpm-U0Y1UlV4NFZRU1k?usp=sharing

Introduction (This and all other pages are comment-enabled): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C1fx2qMfW9m6E4NGanGQcv8udSr04u4MbvzhP2DzhoE/edit?usp=sharing

Table of Contents: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cCyUsZ0wR1D3irffoJIAbdlXaU8egPuLG-ld6fERdPo/edit?usp=sharing

Visual Layout: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XzFm-bFqKm9nan8TX41BD_AkEIuMxKM4Iw16kFm4YPo/edit?usp=sharing

Data Entry and Editing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1poanmnYaVfU4kUoxyMa6r0GQwA74byvZdduc7smQuYQ/edit?usp=sharing

Background Jobs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E2emj5LmBBY1FjB8VjWNzQJ5weDlrsEU-QmzH4il9m0/edit?usp=sharing

Navigation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13x2mLWQ0FamrK6DDdszsIzX-Z3pdrVH0pM5P7Jk7jUc/edit?usp=sharing

Organization of Menus: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GhCE6JHMcXkjtOeAZ35IoMAEqG1EDhcLKoC1q07MrsA/edit?usp=sharing

Browsing, Customization, Functionality, and Terminology: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mFaNi8I2Uj2CPR7HEpbiwyEA6pLfhabmygqUIT_gT_E/edit?usp=sharing

Shortcut Keys for ArchivesSpace commands: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14cAHpIi2eeFpYayZP4OvUguXqyPy5KNCNIGi7fU8aJU/edit?usp=sharing

User Accounts:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14auNDZBdV443pja9iwUuOiKc9mpuKF8nW_6ItJsOYHg/edit?usp=sharing

Permissions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1imhyUFr9VEERMNuERuSfJkCwhhSGQS__jy6wD2U4JiU/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12XqVhOeKA9q5AyKA-yE-8dLuGsQtn8iEBddk6cLXC0U/edit?usp=sharing>

Got feedback and additional ideas?  Please add it to “Brainstorming and feedback” (edit enabled)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZQwFowMnUx8AIiewqbqO08CO9TSGIe22AnYCUza9LEo/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any trouble accessing the files or would like to share your feedback in other ways, please feel free to contact me (tang5 at lib.msu.edu<mailto:tang5 at lib.msu.edu>) on behalf of the group.  Thanks!
Lydia
--
Dr. Lydia Tang, CA, DMA, MLIS
Special Collections Archivist-Librarian