[Archivesspace_Users_Group] PUI & Digital Objects links

Tummino, Annie atummino at sunymaritime.edu
Fri Nov 3 10:26:31 EDT 2017

Hello,
I'd like to use the Digital Objects module primarily to facilitate users getting from our archival description / finding aids to digital collections that are managed and displayed elsewhere.

Here is the test record I created:
http://sunymaritimearchives.libraryhost.com/repositories/2/digital_objects/2

The identifier is a URI but the user would have to copy/paste to make any use of it. The link is active as an external document but that is buried in the Expand All section that many will never click on.

I have a vague memory of seeing other PUIs where the red Digital Record icon is an active link that brings the user out to the external digital collection - or am I crazy? Please tell me there is an easy way to make this more user-friendly?

Thanks for any insights!

Best
Annie
--