[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Merged agents showing up twice in resource records?

Jane LaBarbara jane.labarbara at mail.wvu.edu
Tue May 30 15:02:17 EDT 2017

All,

Our cataloging department is cleaning up some messy legacy agent and subject records, and we've run into a hiccup.  For example, we imported into ASpace a resource record with the agents "Progessive Mine Workers of America."(misspelled!)  and "Progressive Mine Workers of America." attached to it with the "role" set to subject.  Our cataloging helper merged these two agents into one.  The merge looks like it was successful from the agent record standpoint, but in the resource record, we're seeing that newly-merged agent appear twice.

I realize this is our own fault for putting essentially the same agent as a subject twice in the same resource record.

Does anyone have any ideas about how we could eliminate cases where an agent is linked as a subject to a specific resource record multiple times (aside from deleting the duplicates from the resource record by hand)?

Thank you,
Jane

/ Jane Metters LaBarbara
Assistant Curator, West Virginia & Regional History Center<https://wvrhc.lib.wvu.edu/>