[Archivesspace_Users_Group] resource-specific edit privileges and project management in ASpace?

Tang, Lydia ltang5 at mail.lib.msu.edu
Fri May 26 14:22:04 EDT 2017

Mark,
Way to hack ArchivesSpace!  Thank you for this very helpful tip!
Lydia
On 5/26/17, 11:43 AM, "archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org on behalf of Custer, Mark" <archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org on behalf of mark.custer at yale.edu> wrote:

    Lydia,

    Regarding your first question:  One low barrier way to do this, I think, would be to create a separate repository for everyone who would be doing basic data entry tasks, like container listings.  You could then make sure that they only have editing rights to those container lists, and not even the subjects, agents, etc.  Once a listing was done and verified, you could then use the ASpace built-in tools to transfer that container list to your regular repository, and then merge it with the actual finding aid.

    As for any Excel to EAD process, you shouldn't have to worry about it overwriting information already in a finding aid since the ASpace merge tool only adds information to the record that you select to merge data into.  That said, there is another workflow that you'd have to support outside of ASpace, so if you can use the rapid data entry tool already in ASpace with a separate repository, that might do the trick.

    Mark