[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Accession CSV - Field Not Importing

Maureen Callahan mcallahan at smith.edu
Mon May 15 15:37:49 EDT 2017

Hi Brett,

Bria Parker wrote about bypassing the accessions csv importer and going
directly to the API -- this may be a useful tool for your toolbox: https://
icantiemyownshoes.wordpress.com/2015/11/20/how-i-learned-
to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-api/

Enjoy,
Maureen

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Carbone, Maura <maura_carbone at harvard.edu>
wrote:

> I believe you would have to change the code in the importer itself, in
> addition to adding a field into the csv you’re using:
>

> https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/backend/app/
> converters/accession_converter.rb  ß should be the file if I’m
> remembering correctly.
>

> *From: *<archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org> on
> behalf of "Reigh, Brett M" <breigh at pa.gov>
> *Date: *Monday, May 15, 2017 at 3:27 PM
> *To: *"archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org" <
> archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org>
> *Subject: *[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Accession CSV - Field Not Importing
>

> Good Afternoon Folks,
>

> We are in the process of doing a test - moving our legacy Accession
> Register (Access database) data into an AS Version 1.5.3 sandbox. We’re
> using the Accession CSV template and really liking the initial results.
>

> However, I’m having trouble getting data from one of the import fields to
> import. Under Extents in the AS Accession CSV mapping document
> (below-right), there is a field titled Physical Details
> (extent_physical_details) that I would like to import data into, however I
> cannot seem to do it.
>

> This field does appear under Extents in our AS 1.5.3 sandbox…
>

> but it does NOT appear in the accession import template
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_archivesspace_archivesspace_blob_master_backend_app_exporters_examples_accession_aspace-5Faccession-5Fimport-5Ftemplate.csv&d=DwMFAg&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=9YHbmM1eiWqCm2OJLhIYS5umyjEpQ6y7xeLuai3x1cs&m=1h1Jo8iDjDyHvDr7BlEeqAzUSPzM6ZOdhHVu8S7VtDM&s=6qmB3yUoALJpWxXnDSot5lf9ysYn2ERqc3K50pJKXHA&e=>
> on the github site.
>

> I’ve tried including this field in the accession CSVs I’ve created for
> import, placing the field where I think it should logically go in amongst
> the other Extent fields, but to no avail.
>

> Has anyone else had a similar problem? I’d like to avoid placing this data
> into a user defined field if at all possible. Any help or advice would be
> greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
>
> Sincerely,
>

> *Brett M. Reigh *| Archivist II
> Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission | Pennsylvania State
> Archives
> 350 North Street | Harrisburg, PA 17120-0090
> Phone: 717.783.9877 <(717)%20783-9877>
>
> www.pastatearchives.com
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.pastatearchives.com&d=DwMFAg&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=9YHbmM1eiWqCm2OJLhIYS5umyjEpQ6y7xeLuai3x1cs&m=1h1Jo8iDjDyHvDr7BlEeqAzUSPzM6ZOdhHVu8S7VtDM&s=j1Fap0NeHAqJMKACoeO30jgo9YyHvbmZAxiJzcE4h_g&e=>

Maureen Callahan
Sophia Smith Collection Archivist
Smith College Special Collections
Northampton, Massachusetts 01063
T. 413 585 2981 C. 215.863.1860
mcallahan at smith.edu

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Smith College Special Collections will be closed from May 22 to September
4, 2017 as we move to our interim location and Neilson Library begins
renovations. Although we cannot serve researchers onsite during that time,
please don't hesitate to be in touch for remote research assistance.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SophiaSmithCollection/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/smithlibraries/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/archivalagents