[Archivesspace_Users_Group] canceling background jobs from the backend

Laney McGlohon laney.mcglohon at lyrasis.org
Mon May 15 14:53:22 EDT 2017

Hey Alston,

I believe the best way to handle this problem is to use the archivesspace.sh (or archivesspace.bat) script to stop the archivesspace process. I would check for any hung MySQL processes as well (and maybe restart MySQL depending what is in the logs) . Then I would look for hung processes on the server and use the kill command to stop those processes. Once they are stopped, you should be able to restart the archivesspace script and the hung background job should be gone. I would then look at the background job queue to see if the next job is still there and cancel it.  Once it has been cancelled, I would resubmit the job.

So the steps would be something like:

1.       `archivesspace.sh stop` (or, on windows, `archivesspace.bat stop`)

2.       make sure there are no archivesspace processes running (`ps auwx | grep archivesspace`) – if there are kill them

3.       check the health of the mysql server and restart the mysql server, if the logs give an indication that you should

4.       restart archivesspace with `archivesspace.sh start` or `archivesspace.bat start`

Does this help?

Laney

Laney McGlohon
ArchivesSpace Tech Lead