[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Top containers as box-folder

Tony Kurtz Tony.Kurtz at wwu.edu
Mon Mar 6 12:53:39 EST 2017

Greetings,
I've searched around but I don't think I've been able to find an answer to an issue we're having.  If I'm mistaken I'll happily endure the embarrassment along with the solution!

We are planning an upgrade from AS 1.4.2 to 1.5 and we are doing an assessment of how our top containers will look post-upgrade.  One of our repositories expresses almost all containers with a type indicator of "box-folder" and a value expressed as a box/folder pair, e.g. "1/1", "1/2", etc. (and all box/folder expressions are unique within a collection-i.e., each "b/f" value is not repeated). From what we can tell, it looks like the 1.5 upgrade process will result in top containers being created at the folder level.  However, we want top containers to be at the box level.  Is our assumption correct that top containers will be created as folders?  Does anyone have advice on how best to navigate this so that we can ensure that boxes are our top containers-e.g. is there anything we can do prior to the upgrade to make this work out as we wish, or will we just need to do the work post-ugrade?

Thanks

Tony Kurtz
Western Washington University