[Archivesspace_Users_Group] MARCXML export

Carlos Lemus carlos.lemus at unlv.edu
Wed Mar 1 13:08:48 EST 2017

Hello Jessika,

Long answer:
You are not going crazy. I was able to replicate your problem and noticed
that the <prefercite>/524 tag was exporting but the text inside the note
was not. I've had some experience modifying the export marc functionality
and ran some tests. After, a couple of minutes I just noticed the note
wasn't published! Just a silly thing! so you should be able to go in your
resource, click publish on the notes and they should export in the MARC.
This really brings up the question if you want to export just your MARC
record without being shown in the public interface (which is what publish
does I believe) what are your options?

Anyways, If you ever feel like you do want to give a shot at modifying the
exports you need to create a plugin. Here are a couple examples and
tutorials

https://github.com/hudmol/yale_marcxml2accession_extras
https://github.com/l3mus/ArchivesSpace-authority-project/tree/master/unlv_marc_exporter
https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=18088140

Short answer:
Publish your notes.

Let me know if it works, or if you have any questions.

Carlos Lemus
Application Programmer, Special Collections Technical Services
University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas

*How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible,
whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? - Sherlock Holmes*