[Archivesspace_Users_Group] digital object mapping to EAD in v.2.2.1

Amanda Focke afocke at rice.edu
Tue Dec 12 16:14:01 EST 2017

Hello all -

We have "nearline" digital objects which do not have a public URL, and
we describe them in ArchivesSpace.
They have a Title and an Identifier, but we don't use the File Version
field for them because there is no File URI.

This is an example of what ArchivesSpace exports as EAD for a digital
object which has an Identifier of "ms0599aip_001" but has no "File
version / file URI".
<dao xlink:actuate="onRequest" *xlink:href="ms0599aip_001"*
xlink:show="new" xlink:title="Louis Albach Buffalo Bayou research
materials" xlink:type="simple">

So it is mapping the Identifier to an xlink:href attribute, and
therefore makes a dead link in the EAD.

Has anyone successfully edited the mapping to make this stop?  I would
want the Identifier to simply show as "Identifier" and not try to be a link.

Thanks,
Amanda

--
Amanda Focke, CA, DAS