[Archivesspace_Users_Group] external_ids from AT migration included in EAD export

Adam Jazairi jazairi at bc.edu
Tue Aug 22 14:27:20 EDT 2017

Hi Celia,

Are they running 2.1.0 by any chance? We noticed similar behavior when we
updated to 2.1.0, which includes some changes to the EAD exporter. As I
understand it, external_ids are now serialized when multiple unit_ids are
required. In our case, this replaced all component_ids in EAD exports with
external_ids. We also migrated from AT, so that might be related.

A temporary workaround for us was to comment out the changes in the EAD
serializer and converter and add those files to our local plugin. It's a
bit ugly, but it's been working so far. Here's a link if you'd like to test
it out: https://github.com/BCDigLib/bc-aspace/tree/
master/archivesspace/plugins/local/backend/model

Cheers,

Adam

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Celia Caust-Ellenbogen <
ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm helping out a small community archives ("WWCC") using ArchivesSpace
> and there's something wonky happening in their system that's not happening
> in mine. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem?
>
> external_ids from the Archivists' Toolkit migration are appearing in the
> EAD (and therefore PDF) export as, for example: <unitid identifier="5883"
> type="Archivists Toolkit Database::RESOURCE_COMPONENT">5883</unitid>
>
> In comparing WWCC's database with my institution's database, I can see
> that similar external_ids records from the AT migration are in my database
> as well, but ours aren't exporting to the EAD (as they shouldn't). Does
> anyone know why WWCC's external_ids *are* exporting?
>
> I suspect the problem is with the EAD exporter, but WWCC says they haven't
> made any modifications to it, and changing it is beyond my knowledge. My
> back-up plan is to change the XSLT stylesheet to bypass these extra
> <unitid> types, but I wanted to know if anyone else knows what might be
> going on or has a more elegant solution.
>
> Thanks!
> Celia
>
> --
> Celia Caust-Ellenbogen
> Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
> <http://swarthmore.edu/friends-historical-library>
> 610-328-8498 <(610)%20328-8498>
> ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu

Adam Jazairi