[Archivesspace_Users_Group] external_ids from AT migration included in EAD export

Celia Caust-Ellenbogen ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu
Tue Aug 22 13:38:11 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I'm helping out a small community archives ("WWCC") using ArchivesSpace and
there's something wonky happening in their system that's not happening in
mine. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem?

external_ids from the Archivists' Toolkit migration are appearing in the
EAD (and therefore PDF) export as, for example: <unitid identifier="5883"
type="Archivists Toolkit Database::RESOURCE_COMPONENT">5883</unitid>

In comparing WWCC's database with my institution's database, I can see that
similar external_ids records from the AT migration are in my database as
well, but ours aren't exporting to the EAD (as they shouldn't). Does anyone
know why WWCC's external_ids *are* exporting?

I suspect the problem is with the EAD exporter, but WWCC says they haven't
made any modifications to it, and changing it is beyond my knowledge. My
back-up plan is to change the XSLT stylesheet to bypass these extra
<unitid> types, but I wanted to know if anyone else knows what might be
going on or has a more elegant solution.

Thanks!
Celia

--
Celia Caust-Ellenbogen
Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu